Sensory-Friendly Saturday: Day out with Thomas
Saturday, May 2, 2020
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join in the fun with a ride on the No. 1 blue engine at Day Out With Thomas™ during this Sensory-Friendly Saturday event. The Day Out With Thomas™ Depot Town activity area will open at 8:30 a.m., followed by a 9:30 a.m. ride on Thomas the Tank Engine™ exclusively for Sensory-Friendly Saturday guests.
Day Out With Thomas™ tickets, in addition to Greenfield Village admission, are required to ride Thomas the Tank Engine, and tickets for this ride are limited.
Your Experience Includes:
• A quiet area with activities for Day Out With Thomas™ available until 3:00 p.m. in Town Hall.
• Noise-canceling headphones and earplugs for use during your visit
• An event map showing locations of loud sounds and available activities
• A resource table staffed by the Autism Alliance of Michigan, until 10:30 a.m. in the Josephine Ford Plaza at the entrance to Greenfield Village.
• A social narrative created by the Autism Alliance of Michigan for Greenfield Village (PDF) and Day Out With Thomas Social Narrative (PDF) showing what families might see, hear, smell, taste, and touch.
Call the Contact Center at 313-982-6001 to purchase tickets to Day Out with Thomas™ on May 2, 2020, during Sensory-Friendly Saturday. Ask about special discounts on membership and Greenfield Village admission available exclusively to participants in our Sensory-Friendly Saturday programs.
Location:The Henry Ford
20900 Oakwood Blvd
Dearborn, MI 48124
Event Website: Click to Visit
Organizer: The Henry Ford
Organization: The Henry Ford
Organizer Phone: 313-982-6001
Organizer Email: Not Provided
Download the event to your event calendar:Save to your iCal or
Back to the CalendarClick here
We do our best at Lansing Family Fun to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are posted here. Sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible, we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go. Lansing Family Fun is in no way responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on the site, in the newsletter or on Facebook.